Pardon our dust, as we prepare to launch our new website and social media platforms!
Training Non-Profit CEOs
"Learning how to be a leader not only strengthened my skills,
but also helped create other leaders as well. Specifically,
lead rather than just manage has been a valuable lesson.”
Michelle Christie, EdD, Founder & Exective Director, No Limits
City Scholars® Foundation Fellow
600 youth served/year (95% low-income) in Greater Los Angeles
Inspiring, challenging, equipping and encouraging
to lead well with limited resources
is not only our mission,
out of trouble
and on track to a brighter future.
Thanks to the generosity of corporations,
Board of Directors
and Executive Council),
we underwrite the
our City Scholars® Fellowship,
and learning community
introduced in 2007.
In exchange, our City Scholars® Foundation Fellows, as a
leaders,“pay it forward”
and collaboration which achieves exponential impact.
Each annual Fellowship
valued at $10,000.
CITY SCHOLARS® FELLOWSHIP IMPACT GOALS
We help our City Scholars® Foundation Fellows:
- EMBRACE their role as education non-profit CEOs.
- DEVELOP their capacity to lead well with limited resources.
- CULTIVATE a personal leadership network for on-going inspiration,
- SUSTAIN their leadership commitment as they learn to “slow the roll,
enjoy the journey™.”
- GROW the education non-profits they lead from survival to success to
thousands of low-income youth achieve against the
odds in school and in life.
CITY SCHOLARS® FELLOWSHIP STRATEGY
Fellowship creatively combines
training, coaching, mentoring,
networking and inspiration
exponential impact. With our TEAM City Scholars®
Executive Council contributing
over 500 executive
each year as discussion
panelists and business mentors,
non-profit CEOs build skills,
they can draw
a lifetime of leadership.
Through continuing education, immensely practical curriculum, executive coaching,
community, our City Scholars®
offers a unique
learn and share best
common challenges and
cultivate strategic partnerships
Specifically, our City Scholars® Foundation Fellows learn and grow together through:
- Annual Fellowship Kick-off (January, including our Fellows' Board Chairs)
FOCUS: Effective Non-Profits
- Eight (8) Fellowship Roundtables (February - September)
FOCUS: Strategic Leadership, Board Development, Staff Development, Program Development, Financial
Marketing & Communications, Fundraising
& Resource Development,
and Leadership Sustainability.
- Monthly Leadership & Collaboration Challenges
- CEO Lunch & Learn Series (Ongoing; elective small group deep dives)
- Annual Fellowship Retreat (October)
- 1:1 Leadership Coaching
- Business & Peer Mentoring
- Networking with Grantmakers, Executives and Community Leaders
“As a City Scholars® Foundation Fellow, I’m learning how to really lead
and not just manage it. As a result,
our funding and becoming
a much more sustainable organization.”
Michelle Freridge, Executive Director, Asian Youth Center, City Scholars® Foundation Fellow
3,045 youth served/year (95% low-income) in Los Angeles County, Antelope Valley and San Fernando Valley
CURRICULUM. COACHING. COMMUNITY.